EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY –Wolastoqey Tribal Council Inc. Wolastoqey Nation in New Brunswick
Term: One year with the ability to renew.
The Wolastoqey Tribal Council (WTCI) is a not-for-profit organization whose role is to provide capacity building opportunities for its member communities within the traditional Wolastoqey territory in New Brunswick.
The Wolastoqey Nation in New Brunswick (WNNB) is a not-for-profit organization that represents the six Wolastoqey Communities in New Brunswick to coordinate and provide technical support and advice on matters that relate to Wolastoqey constitutionally protected Aboriginal and Treaty Rights.
WTCI/WNNB hire on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to apply; however, qualified Indigenous applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission. Please self-identify.
As a shared service, we are looking for a Corporate Administrator to join our vibrant and exceptional team at the Wolastoqey Nation in New Brunswick and Tribal Council.
Reporting directly to WTCIs Director of Programs and WNNB’s Consultation Director, the Corporate Administrator will serve as a key support and liaison to the board of directors and to the executive management team. In addition to supporting WTCI’s and WNNB’s mission and goals they will collaborate/communicate with Directors and Board Members for scheduling meetings and consultations. The Corporate Administrator will be the keeper and point person for all corporate documents.
Responsibilities and Duties
- prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations, and other documents (memos, briefing notes).
- Finalize/send out and track official letters.
- Attend consultation and team meetings, take minutes, schedule any follow up and track unattended to action items.
- Organize in-person and virtual Board of Director (Chief’s) meetings
- Send meeting reminders.
- Organize meeting agendas in a structured way
- record, transcribe and distribute minutes of and make any edits and changes requested
- File minutes and meeting documents.
- Follow up on and track any action items
- Follow up with Chiefs for document/decision approvals
- Prepare cheque requisitions (travel, honorarium, meeting space invoices, catering invoices).
- Work with Finance Director to send out minutes for annual audits
Qualifications and Attributes
- Possess an Administration Certificate from an accredited institution (or relevant experience
- extremely organized and detail-oriented
- efficient and patient communicator
- possess effective multitasking skills
- excellent and resourceful problem solver
- experience working with Wolastoqey communities.
- possess sound judgment and discreetness where appropriate
- acquainted with and comfortable with bureaucratic limitations and guidelines
- performs well under pressure
- is a calm and rational mediator and liaison between executives
- has a proven track record of professional behaviour and maintaining confidentiality at all times
We offer competitive salary and benefits to our employees. Remuneration is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Working location is Kchikhusis Commercial Centre, St. Mary’s First Nation, New Brunswick.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and limited office space, the successful candidate may need to work remotely for a period)
Applications should be submitted in confidence via email, with the subject line “Corporate Administrator” to: email@example.com or indeed.com. The deadline for applications is February 7th, 2021.
Note: Personal suitability will also be considered during the hiring process.