School Intervention Worker for CHSMES
CHSMES is currently looking to hire a School Intervention worker for the 2022-2023 school year.
SIW’s are specialized in behaviour interventions supporting classroom teachers, Guidance Counsellor, and Resource teacher. Duties include providing direct support to students through various strategies and activities aimed at assisting teachers and parents with students who have specific behavioural, social, or emotional concerns.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
The ideal candidate will:
- Graduation from high school supplemented by a minimum of two years post-secondary education in psychology, social work, special education or related fields, either at the university level or in a two-year community college program, is required.
- Demonstrates a strong desire to work with children with ASD
- Have completed a criminal record check.
Roles and Responsibilities:
A behavior interventionist is responsible for working directly with a child to implement behavioral intervention programs that are written to address the personalized learning plan goals. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- SIW would model appropriate interventions designed by Guidance and Resource to EA’s to ensure appropriate behavioral interventions are implemented and followed with fidelity.
- Working one on one with children implementing individualized evidence based strategies/programs
- Administering programs to support the intervention goals
- Collecting data, summarizing data, and communicating as needed with the supervisor
- Being receptive to feedback and implementing suggestions
- Demonstrating good work ethic (punctual and good attendance)
- Demonstrating professionalism and good communication skills
- Adhering to confidentiality
- Maintaining compliance with CHSMES’s policies and procedures.
As we search for the ideal candidate, expect the interview process will be intensive.
Applicants are encouraged to apply by email or drop you resume off to:
Jazzie Paul or Cassie Carr
Human Resources St. Mary’s First Nation/Retail
150 Cliffe Street, Fredericton, N.B. E3A 0A1
or fax (506) 472-6220
Deadline for applications is Sept 8th, 2022 at 12:00 noon.