Indigenous Training Development Assistant Internship Position
The Joint Economic Development Initiative (JEDI) is dedicated to supporting Indigenous Peoples in reaching their full economic development potential through advocacy and networking. The JEDI team currently requires an Indigenous Training Development Assistant in Fredericton. During this one-year internship position the Indigenous Training Development Assistant will work collaboratively with the Provincial Indigenous Employment Coordinator and the Indigenous Reconciliation Awareness Module Coordinator to develop and coordinate cultural awareness training modules, research, and facilitate training delivery.
Reporting to JEDI’s Provincial Indigenous Employment Coordinator, the position requires experience in research and interviewing, Indigenous culture and protocol, and having a deep understanding of Indigenous communities and relationship building. The role will provide opportunity to further develop and facilitate JEDI’s Indigenous Cultural Awareness Training Modules and practices.
- Research and development of workshops and training modules.
- Facilitation of training as required.
- Ensuring that content is kept current and appropriate.
- Preparing presentations.
- Actively participating in monthly program debrief sessions.
- Research, interviewing, and knowledge gathering from Elders and Knowledge Keepers.
- Inputting Information and data for trainings.
- Developing reports based on research gathered.
- Updating and revising trainings.
- University degree within the last three years in a related field such as Indigenous Studies, Sociology, Education.
- Keen understanding of research and data input.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Indigenous culture and protocol.
- Excellent written and spoken communications and presentation skills.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel regularly.
If you are interested in this internship opportunity please submit your confidential resume and cover letter saved as one document to email@example.com by 4:30 p.m. on April 14, 2023 stating Indigenous Training Development Assistant in the subject line. As JEDI may begin reviewing submissions at any time please submit your application as soon as possible.
Thank you for applying. Only those invited for an interview will be contacted directly.