Market Access Officer
The Joint Economic Development Initiative (JEDI) is dedicated to supporting Indigenous peoples in reaching their full economic development potential through advocacy and networking. The JEDI team currently requires a Market Access Officer located in Fredericton. Reporting to the Economic Development Manager, the Market Access Officer will work closely with a wide range of stakeholders including Indigenous entrepreneurs and businesses, provincial and federal government departments, industry partners and JEDI staff participating in the business mentorship program to assist with finding new clients, markets and contracting opportunities.
- Collaborate with key partners on strategies to support Indigenous peoples and businesses to achieve success, including:
- Working with the JEDI team and community Economic Development Officers on the information flow about economic development programs and initiatives within communities.
- Participating in key meetings and committees/working groups to report on project progress and to address any emerging issues.
- Assisting with preparation of reports and with day-to-day operational requirements of the program.
Indigenous Entrepreneurship and Employment:
- Maintain a database of Indigenous businesses, keeping them informed of existing and emerging opportunities (such as funding, training, and contracts), and connecting them with key industry contacts and resources.
- Contribute to entrepreneurship program activities such as participant recruitment, day-to-day delivery as required, and supporting clients during program delivery, aftercare and beyond.
- Promote the procurement of goods or services from Indigenous businesses directly required in supply chains.
- A university degree in a related discipline (e.g. Public Relations, Communications or Business Administration) preferably with some business development experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience.
- Understanding of First Nation communities, culture, and social concerns. Preference will be given to qualified candidates of Indigenous descent.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building, networking and communication skills, both oral and written; strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access). Experience using data management software is an asset.
- Experience/knowledge of the following would be considered strong assets, but not requirements as they can be developed on the job,:
- Budgeting, business analysis, market trend analysis, industry analysis, information systems, marketing and exporting
- Global supply chains, international marketing and supporting resources
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel in the province.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your confidential resume and cover letter saved as one document by 4:30 p.m. on April 14, 2023 to email@example.com stating Market Access Officer in the subject line. As JEDI may begin reviewing submissions at any time please submit your application as soon as possible.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application.
Thank you for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.