As a .docx for printing: housing advocate coordinator(2)
St. Mary’s First Nation
Housing Advocate Coordinator
1 Year Contract / 32hrs / $22 an hour
The Housing Advocate Coordinator will assist clients with obtaining stable housing and support them to address their issues with mental illness, substance use, physical health, and independent living skills. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with other departments at SMFN, external service providers and will advocate for access and rights as needed.
- 1-2 years demonstrated experience working with vulnerable populations/homelessness is an asset.
- Experience working with mental health and addictions and/or education in human services or social sciences.
- High level of empathy and compassion
- Knowledge of harm reduction approach
- Displays a respectful and non-judgmental approach in fulfillment of all job duties.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- First Aid Certificate required (training opportunities may be available).
- Driver’s license is required.
- Professional verbal and written and communication skills with proven ability to effectively communicate with the public, people with mental health challenges, family members, Directors, and external service providers.
- Ability to demonstrate professional boundaries and confidentiality is required.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Wolastiqiyik community and culture.
Applications should be forwarded by no later than February 21st, 2023 at 430pm. Preference will be given to members of the Wolastiqiyik Nation.
Please send resume with references to:
Human Resources Generalist
150 Cliffe Street (2nd Floor)
Fax (506) 472-6220 or