Available as a Microsoft Word document here:
Social Worker – Child Protection and Prevention
1 Year Contract (40 hrs/week)
Under the direction and supervision of the C&F Services Director, the Social Worker will be responsible for Intake and Investigation, Child and Adult Protection, Counselling, Family Support, Crisis Intervention, Case management, After Hours services on a rotational basis, Program Planning and implementation, as well as other Social Work-related duties.
- Must have a degree in Social Work from an accredited university.
- Must be a member in good standing of the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers.
- Must maintain confidentiality on and off the job
- Must be able to adapt one’s social work theory and practice to the culture of the community to ensure that culturally appropriate service is delivered.
- Must be responsible, reliable, and a team player.
- Must have good analytical skills and be able to exercise good judgement in crisis situations
- Must be willing to work after hours emergency on call on a rotational basis.
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism both on and off the job.
- Preference will be given to those who have experience in Child Protection.
- Familiarity with the RedMane Case Management System would be a definite asset.
- Prior knowledge of First Nation’s in New Brunswick and an understanding of specific challenges pertaining to FN communities would be a definite asset.
- Preference will be given to those applicants who demonstrate skills and experience in working with Aboriginal people and communities, and/or are of Aboriginal decent.
If interested, please send your resume to:
St. Mary’s First Nation
150 Cliffe Street, 2nd Floor
Fax (506) 472-6220
Telephone (506) 452-9367 ext 104
Deadline for applications is May 8th, 2023 at 430pm