The primary purpose of this Facebook page is communication, and the promotion of Community news and events relevant to St. Mary’s First Nation. Other posts that may be of interest to the group members are welcome and will be evaluated individually.
• Be kind and courteous. We are all in this together to create a welcoming environment of open communication. Let us treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.
• No lateral violence, hate speech or bullying. Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind is not allowed, and degrading comments will not be tolerated.
Examples of posts unlikely to be accepted:
• Anything not related to St. Mary’s First Nation members
• Commercial advertisements, even when it is directly related to the community.
• Private sales of items used and new.
• Direct promotion or criticism of any community members, staff, and/or Chief and Council
• Any kind of personal abuse. We always expect our members to be respectful to each other. When posting or responding to another’s post, comments must remain considerate, productive, and polite. Opinions may be challenged but it is not acceptable to attack the person who holds them. Members who are not willing to abide by these standards will be muted in the group.
• Anything that does not respect the privacy of others
• General questions or complaints. These items should be directed to the Band Administration, the program, or director where there is a concern to note. These items will be forwarded to the appropriate area, and you will be contacted directly.
• Spam of any kind is not permitted.
St. Mary’s First Nation Page Posting Guideline
The primary purpose of this Facebook page is communication directly from the Band Office/Admin/Chief and Council, with important communications for community members. Third party and member posts will not be approved on this page. Events will only be shared on this page if they are relating to rights, governance and/or administration, such as general election information, community meetings, important information about closures, etc. Items you may find on this page:
• Council brief notes
• Community meeting agenda
• Office closures
• Road closures
• Community advisories
• Official news releases
• Election information
Items that will not be found on this page:
• Personal information or opinion
• Private sales or commercial advertisements
• Anything that does not respect the privacy of individuals