Available as a .docx file here: Final WTCI Jordan’s Principle Finance Clerk Job Ad
TERM: One year with the ability to renew.
The Wolastoqey Tribal Council Inc (WTCI) is a not-for-profit organization whose role is to provide capacity building opportunities for its five member communities within New Brunswick (Matawaskiye, Wotstak, Bilijk, Sitansisk and Welamukotuk), in the areas of: Health, Education, Sports, Training and Employment, Governance and Emergency Management).
WTCI is taking steps to assume service coordination of Jordan’s Principle for its five member communities. Jordan’s Principle is a child-first principle that makes sure all First Nations children living in Canada can access the products, services and supports they need, when they need them. Funding can help with a wide range of health, social and educational needs.
Under Jordan’s Principle, Indigenous Services Canada (“ISC”) funds service coordination for the program. The purpose of Jordan’s Principle Service Coordination is to help children and families apply to the Jordan’s Principle program to receive funding from ISC for services and supports.
WTCI is currently seeking to hire a Jordan’s Principle Finance Clerk. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Jordan’s Principle Finance Clerk will provide financial support solely to the Jordan’s Principle Department to ensure effective, efficient, and accurate financial operations for WTCI’s Jordan’s Principle Service Coordination.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a WTCI Jordan’s Principle Navigator, you will:
- Receive, verify, log and enter Jordan’s Principle invoices and requisitions for goods, services and staff expenses.
- Verify that transactions comply with Jordan’s Principle financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure ISC Claim Forms are accurately submitted.
- Assist Jordan’s Principle Program Manager with financial reports, general ledger reports and other financial reports as required.
- Ensure confidentiality and safekeeping of all Program documents and records.
- Submits ISC Claims for reimbursement for Jordan’s Principle.
- Maintains records by scanning, recording and depositing funds as required.
- Work closely with Jordan’s Principle Program Manager to ensure the program’s financial policies and procedures are effective and efficient.
- Perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience / training with payroll and finance including familiarity with online banking (ETF/EMT payments).
- Experience with government reporting requirements or Jordan’s Principle Financial operations (an asset).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience interacting with Community members, including elders and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Knowledge and understanding of Wolastoqey culture and communities.
- Must be willing to provide a recent criminal record check and must pass vulnerable sector and child abuse registry check.
Remuneration is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Wolastoqey Tribal Council offers competitive salary and benefits to our employees. Working location is New Brunswick.
Applications should be submitted in confidence via email, with the subject line “Jordan’s Principle Finance Clerk” to: email@example.com. or indeed.com. The deadline for application is Wednesday, November 8th, 2023.
The salary range for this position is $42,000.00 – $55,000.00. WTCI hires based on merit and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to apply; however, qualified Indigenous applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission. Please self identify.
Note: Personal suitability will also be considered during the hiring process. WTCI may consider candidates that initially may not have all the experience and knowledge requirements. In that case, training and development opportunities will be identified for the candidate’s long-term success.
Candidates who currently hold elected political office will not be considered for this position.